Monday 15 August 2011

Angels of Shadow chapter 4

                                                  Chapter
                                                       4


“This is how I remember it. I’m standing in the forest, by the lake and see this wolf. Massive, with wings. Then I felt all weird, like I was in a dream. I tried moving but I couldn’t. I remember seeing the Doctor’s face then he was on the floor the next moment and taking his screwdriver. But it wasn’t my hand. I had a paw! And I was a wolf! I was in shock and if I was in control of my body I would have fainted. Then I took his screwdriver to the wolf over the lake and he took it from me, keeping it in his pocket when he changed into an angel person. Quite a lot of walking through the forest. A spaceship. Being made to guard the door of the room they put the Doctor in. Suddenly, I had to come back here. Walked back then I woke here. That’s all I remember.”
“So, that’s how you tell two hours of your life to me then?”
“Two hours?!”
“Yep.”
“Ohhh.....,” moaned Rory. He looked at his wife and mouthed a ‘sorry’. He looked behind Amy and saw the sun was setting. The Doctor paced up and down the room like a caged tiger thinking up an escape plan. The Doctor was making an escape plan, but not for him.
“Think, think, think!!!” The Doctor was still pacing, hitting his head and nearly pulling his hair out like a maniac. Rory felt as if a cricket bat hit him on the head as he watched the sky darken with the lowering sun. Belle felt it too, head in hands, moaning. Tom and Amy just watched the Doctor with awe as he carried on whacking his head, unaware of Belle and Rory. Only when the door creaked open did the Doctor stop. Rory and Belle were walking out the door, acting like zombies. The Doctor tried to stop them but they were too fast. Poking his head around the door, he caught a glimpse of Wolf Rory and Belle run, together, towards the forest. The Doctor just stared for a long moment then turned back in. He looked worriedly at Amy, then at Tom.
“If we’re going after them, it’s going to be a long night...”
Tom just smiled and said to them “Stay here tonight and we can look around tomorrow.” Nodding, the Doctor and Amy followed Tom up the stairs.

Gortail stood in the doorway of his base, waiting for his pack to come. He had a new plan. He was going to finish start making these humans his. Forever.
“Chief, are you sure you want to accelerate the plans?” It was Gortail’s second-in-command. A grim smile washed over Gortail’s face. “Yes. We have been discovered and we will need as many fighters as possible and I can’t control their individual wills forever. Taking them tonight will allow me to save my powers for the oncoming fight and tonight is the only night that will allow me that. The solar storm will make them mine. Forever....”

Standing at the window of the bedroom Tom let them stay in, the Doctor pondered about how to get his friends and the villagers back to normal. He looked to the sky and then over his shoulder to a sleeping Amy. Looking at the sky again, as if for answers, a sudden flush of realisation flooded over him. Horrified, he looked at his watch. Ten past nine. He had just under three hours to get everyone back.
“Good thing I put a tracker on Rory.... I need to get the villagers and Rory back before midnight tonight or they’ll never be back. Solar storms, beautiful event but any power craving alien will want to use that....” He looked at Amy again, blissful in her sleep. Smiling, he walked over to the door and quietly walked out and down the stairs. To his surprise, Tom was waiting at the bottom, holding two guns.
“I knew you would go out looking for them, you wouldn’t leave your friend. Not tonight.”
“Not any night. What’s the gun for?” Tom just handed him a pistol. Flapping his arms and looking worried, the Doctor just looked Tom in the eyes and said, “I’m not taking a gun and neither are you. You say it’s for protection but I know you want to kill them. I don’t carry guns and I don’t kill either. We would be out numbered and dead in an instant.” Reluctantly, Tom left the guns. Smiling his mad ‘I have a plan’ smile, the Doctor darted off, followed shortly after by a bemused Tom.

Gortail fingered the device. All he had succeeded in doing was making the thing extent and buzz. The green end fascinated him but apart from going green and buzzing, Gortail found it useless. Reports had come to him about a mysterious blue box that was not too far from the forest. He thought deeply, nearly too deeply as he nearly fell asleep, if the buzzing green device and blue wooden box had anything to do with the strangers in his forest. He dismissed the thought and the box came through the doorway with the wolves, but two of them were missing....

As Tom and the Doctor ran through the forest to catch up with Wolf Rory, the Doctor thought about what Tom said when he first met him. He lost both parents then this happens.... Something occurred to the Doctor and he froze with shock. The Forbaith had used his parents so they knew how to do all of this!
“Tom! Stop, it’s got to be a trap!”
“How is it a trap? Doctor, they have our friends!” The Doctor shook his head as Tom turned to face him. He spoke softly. “Exactly. They want us! Tom, you told me you lost your parents then this started happening. They used your parents Tom, only so they could do all of this. They must have experimented on them, to find out how long it took to control humans and all that mambo jambo.”
“Are they alive?”
“I don’t know. I can’t be sure. But I can be sure that we have to stop here. Now. Right this second.”
“Doctor....”
“What is it now!?” Tom pointed over his shoulder and the Doctor turned. One of the wolves stumbled toward them. The Doctor crouched down and gave a mad smile as another wolf came from behind. And to Tom’s surprise, it was Wolf Rory!
“Doctor, help us....” Wolf Rory collapsed beside the other wolf, which the Doctor knew was Belle.
“Blimey, you two must have strong wills to come here and actually talk to me!!!” Wolf Rory opened his mouth and in his mouth was the Doctor’s beloved sonic screwdriver. It was the Doctor’s turn to be surprised. It fell to the ground and the Doctor, with a handy tissue from his pocket picked it up. Cleaning it thoroughly, he activated it. Wolf Rory and Wolf Belle covered their eyes, as did Tom. The Doctor looked around and saw them, ears covered, moaning in pain, though Wolf Rory was yelping at him.
“Doctor, STOP!!!” As the Doctor stopped the buzzing which he was unaffected by, he saw Amy in the clearing. The Doctor scratched the back of his head and smiled like the madman Amy knew when she was seven.
“Pond! Umm, how did you know we were here?”
“Woke up, saw you left me, ran out here then followed that horrid noise.” Amy looked at the Doctor, giving him that ‘how could you be so stupid’ face.
“Time Lord hearing. Must be narrower than human hearing....” Adjusting the settings on his screwdriver, he tried again. Wolf Rory stood up, shaking his head.
“Amy!” His eyes lit up, but they were no longer amber. Amy ran over to her husband and gave him a massive hug, despite the fact he was a winged wolf. The Doctor sat on a fallen crystal tree and closed his eyes. “How did you do it?”
“Do what?”
“Fight the influence of the Forbaith.”
“They made us get the TARDIS, and something just clicked when I saw it. Like a light bulb inside me switched on. I dragged Belle away but it took a while for her to get, you know, like how I am.” Wolf Belle woke up and saw Tom, who looked like a volcano about to explode.
“Tom?”
Belle, he’s an alien.”
“What?”
“I thought we’d established that!!! Before you do anything, I’m the last of the Time Lords from the lost planet Gallifrey and I’m trying to help, so! Lets go,” the Doctor ran off, Wolf Rory following (with Amy on his back...) then Wolf Belle. Tom stood there. He no longer trusted the Doctor. He never told them this. And what sort of name is ‘The Doctor’? Tom knew there must have been something he wasn’t telling them. He drew out a pistol which he had hidden under his shirt and went after the Doctor for a very different reason. He had to be rid of him, he must have been in a league with the Forbaith for all this time! That was the only way he knew about what happened to his parents and he must be lying about them being dead. A thousand reasons in his head, some about his mum and dad still alive but imprisoned, he set off, gun fully loaded, for the Doctor. And he was going to take him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment